Wednesday, February 23, 2011

meat for sesame

Emily and Nat are expecting a baby girl in May, and although they haven't decided on a name yet (I really think they should be leaning towards Sarah Margaret), they call the baby Sesame. It's adorable. They're adorable. Baby Sesame-Sarah-Margaret will be adorable.
I asked Emily if she'd been having any strong cravings during her pregnancy, and she told me that Sesame really likes dairy and meat. So we had 3 servings of ice cream in 24 hours (dinner, lunch, dinner) and I made a pork roast Saturday night.
I made the chipotle-marinated pork tenderloin with black bean salsa I've made before, and the sweet potato hash from February's Real Simple. I added cumin and chipotle pepper flakes to the hash and served it with pureed chipotle peppers on the side. (I was the only one who needed the extra spice, per usual.) The pork was good, but I really think my tastes have changed. I just didn't need the meat to enjoy my meal, but I'm glad I had it for Sesame. Plus Edwin said it was amazing, so I feel like a good wife by providing him with animal protein. I loved loved loved the sweet potato hash, and it has inspired my next original recipe (coming soon!).
Dinner was good, but the weekend visit was better. .Stay tuned for another post about a revolutionary dessert. It involves bananas and my food processor. You're going to like it

1 comment:

  1. We had a wonderful time too (Keira, Kembla, Nat, me, and sesame)! I feel like we should save this post for sesame's baby book.

    ReplyDelete