Tuesday, February 22, 2011

parmesan leek quiche

Our pals Emily and Nat came to visit this weekend, making them the first of our friends to have visited all three of our post-UNC abodes. We love when the Kings come-- they bring their cute dogs and we always eat a lot of ice cream.

Since I had to work Friday, I made a parmesan leek quiche ahead of time for dinner. I used the basic formula for the pesto quiche, because I'm officially obsessed with the oatmeal crust.

I sauteed 3 leeks (which were thinly sliced) in some olive oil until they were almost caramelized. Then I stirred in some salt and pepper, along with a good sprinkling of chopped basil and parsley. I added that mixture to my pre-baked crust and topped it with shredded parmesan. Then I poured the eggs over it all and baked until it was done.
Friday night I reheated it in the oven and served it with a salad. It reheated well (let it come to room temperature, then heat at 350 for about 30 minutes) and tasted fantastic. I loved the leeks. I'm not sure if I prefer the pesto or the leeks-- both are so delicious and satisfying. I think the Kings liked the leeks, too, and I know EDW was happy. Then we went for TCBY. It was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment