Friday, March 25, 2011

the muffin chronicles, part XIX revisited

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. My one and only hissers was in town, and we were too busy bonding for me to even think about blogging. I'll get back into a more regular routine soon, I promise, but in the meantime I thought I'd share a bit about my latest muffins.

Remember how I was worried EDW wouldn't like the cherry almond muffins because they weren't super sweet? He really loves them.

The other day he told me, "these are some of the best muffins you've ever made," and then yesterday morning, "I'm sad these are going so fast." (I keep them in the freezer. They aren't really going that quickly-- he eats one a day). I asked Edwin what it was about them he loved so much, and he said it was the texture.

I think the almond meal really improved the crumb of the traditional whole wheat muffin, which can be a bit dense with 100% whole wheat flour. So. If you want to make amazing muffins, replace 25% of your flour with almond meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment