Tuesday, May 17, 2011

carrot apple ginger soup

As soon as I saw Joy's post on carrot apple ginger soup, I knew I had to make it. I made this soup on Sunday afternoon, but we didn't eat it until Monday for dinner.

I sauteed the onion, garlic, ginger, apple, and carrot. I added vegetable broth. I pureed it with my smart stick. I ladled it into containers and stuck it in the fridge. When I got home from work on Monday, all I had to do was heat the soup and toss together a spinach salad.
Edwin and I were nothing short of delighted by this soup. Even EDW, who generally prefers a not smooth soup, was impressed with this one's flavor and texture. If I'd had enough foresight to plan for extras, I would have bought 4 pounds of carrots and doubled the recipe. It'll reheat nicely for today's lunch, but I'm sad to only have made 4 servings of this soup.
It's easy. It's simple. It's flavorful. You should make it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment