Wednesday, June 15, 2011

CSA Wednesday!

For the week of June 6, we received:

Peaches (8)
Sugar Snaps (a lot?)
Garlic (2 heads)
Romaine Lettuce (2 heads)
Kohlrabi (4 bulbs)
Green Onions (6)
Curly Spinach (a pound?)
We had a kohlrabi stir-fry andbeans and greens, with spinach, and pico de gallo with green onions,
and we used the romaine in salads.
I didn't use any of the garlic yet (I was already working on a head when we got it), but I'm not concerned because it isn't exactly close to spoiling in my pantry. I never use the jarred garlic, and I'm happy to have some locally grown bulbs.

EDW and I LOVE peaches. I hadn't bought any this year because it seemed just too early for them, but these peaches were delicious. We mostly ate them with breakfast each morning, or as a little afternoon treat. It was hard for me not to eat more than my fair share, but I showed some restraint in light of the fact that EDW's been so kind to me in the kitchen.

As for the sugar snaps: while there are many wonderful ways to prepare fresh peas, Edwin and I are big fans of raw sugar snaps. We both take a pile of crudites with us for part of our lunches each day (usually we each eat half a bell pepper, some carrots, radishes, and either sugar snaps or snow peas), and we went through our local snaps in about 3 days.

So there you have it. We made it through everything, except the garlic, with time to spare. I really love our CSA.

1 comment:

  1. I'm super jealous of your peaches -- we haven't had any through our CSA yet.

    ReplyDelete