Wednesday, June 22, 2011

CSA Wednesday!

It's starting to look like summer in our CSA box, and we're excited! For the week of June 13, we received:

Mustard Greens Mix (large bag)
Lettuce (2 heads)
Blueberries (scant quart)
Squash (6 small)
Spring Onions (5)
Pickling Cucumber (4)
Garlic (2 heads)
Everything was gone by Sunday night. I didn't blog about some of these dishes so you'd be a little more surprised. Here's how we used our haul:

Those blueberries went too fast. We stirred them into oats and cereal, and I ate them by the handful every time I passed the fridge.

We had summer vegetables with squash, which used 4 of our 6 squashes, and
bok choy and edamame with udon noodles, prepared with some of the garlic and garnished with green onions.
I made a marinated squash and cucumber salad for lunch sides. I sliced the 2 remaining squashes (or is the plural just squash?) and 2 cucumbers and marinated them in olive oil, white wine vinegar, a little sugar and some salt. Refreshing and easy.
On Friday I made another beans 'n greens combo with the mustard greens, chickpeas, smoked paprika, raisins and couscous. I've stopped using a recipe for beans and greens (I just saute some garlic and some onion in oil and then add ingredes until I'm happy). This combination was stellar-- the raisins took it over the top!
We finished the lettuce, cucumbers, and green onions with a salmon salad for dinner Sunday.
Do people want me to continue with the CSA posts? I like it because it keeps me accountable, but we haven't really had any trouble finishing each week's box, so I'm not sure I need to blog about it. If you like these installments, I'm happy to continue.

2 comments:

  1. I like 'em! If we do a CSA next year, I'll be pulling from these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This food looks incredible!!!! I'm so hungry now!

    ReplyDelete