Wednesday, July 27, 2011

CSA Wednesday!

For the week of July 18, we received:

Bell Peppers (2 orange)
Eggplant (1 purple and 2 white)
Fennel (2 medium bulbs)
Kale (lots)
Nectarines (4)
Sweet Onions (2)
Tomatoes (4)
I used the fennel, 3 of the tomatoes and an onion to make a pasta dish with greek fennel skillet,
and the eggplant went into eggplant-tofu stir-fry.
I ate a nectarine before I headed out of town Friday, and EDW finished the rest of them while I was away. When I got back Sunday, I made a modified version of summer vegetables and kale, using the remaining tomato, onion, and peppers instead of summer squash.
This dish was especially nice because I also got to use some peppers (2 mild, one hot) and heirloom tomatoes from Barbara's garden. When she asked if I'd take some back with me, I nearly teared up with excitement. Y'all just don't know how much I love Barbara's tomatoes. They were excellent with the kale.
I always get nervous when I'm going out of town and worry that we won't finish everything, but I'm always concerned over nothing. Monday night found us eating eggs, which is what we eat when we're out of groceries and waiting on the next CSA pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment