Thursday, August 18, 2011

edamame and pepper stir-fry

Since I had so much success with my stir-fry sauce the other night, I decided to try another. This time I used this wasabi edamame salad and I turned the recipe into a fried rice dish. I had all the ingredients already, including a little more than a pound of fresh edamame from my CSA box.

We received two huge red peppers this week, so I decided to skip the carrots in the recipe in favor of more peppers. Once I got all my veggies prepped, this came together in no time. I stir-fried my peppers and green onions, and then I added in the edamame and let that cook for a few minutes.
Once the vegetables were ready, I stirred in cooked and cooled brown rice, along with the sauce from the recipe. I edited the sauce a little: instead of sugar, I used 3 teaspoons of agave nectar. I omitted the cornstarch and vegetable broth completely, and my sauce was just fine.
We liked this dish. I won't say we loved it, because honestly it felt like something was missing. We added sriracha to our plates, and I officially declared sriracha to be my favorite condiment. With that extra squirt of heat, the flavors of the sauce really came alive and I was able to taste the ginger and garlic more. EDW and I are happy to have these leftovers for lunch, but I doubt I'd make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment