Sunday, August 14, 2011

spicy stir-fry sauce

Remember last month when I made dry-pan eggplant and eggplant-tofu stir-fry? I made it again tonight, but I made it so much better. First of all, I let my eggplant cook longer in the dry-pan cooking process, which led to a delicious smoky, almost caramelized flavor. The real secret to the dish's success, though, was the sauce I made to go with it.

Spicy Stir-Fry Sauce

3 T hoisin sauce
1 T sriracha
2 T soy sauce
1 T rice vinegar

Combine and use in stir-fries.

The sauce was subtly spicy and made everything taste fantastic. Edwin said the sauce was "professional restaurant grade." He continued, "I hope you don't take this as an insult, but it tastes like something that would be served at P.F. Chang's." Sweet EDW. While I'm not excited about Chang's high prices, high sodium levels, and high levels of questionable ingredients, I am pleased to know the sauce tasted special without any added MSG.
We had our stir-fry with udon noodles, and we're both excited about leftovers tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment