Sunday, September 4, 2011

easy fancy pasta salad

Need an easy pasta salad for Labor Day? Try this one:

Easy Fancy Pasta Salad
serves 4

8 oz whole wheat pasta, cooked and cooled
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced

1/2 red onion, thinly sliced

2 ripe tomatoes, chopped

4-5 pickling cucumbers, thinly sliced

3 T balsamic vinegar

3 T dijon mustard

3 T olive oil

2 T agave nectar

feta cheese
spinach, optional

Combine pasta and vegetables. Combine vinegar, oil, mustard, and agave nectar. Pour dressing over pasta salad and mix. Serve over spinach if you desire, and garnish with feta cheese.

We had a bunch of lovely vegetables fresh from our CSA, and I just threw them all together. The dressing I used is basically the same dressing I use on our salads-- sometimes I change the vinegar or sweetener, but it always involves dijon mustard.
EDW and I loved this light pasta salad. It's fresh, quick and easy and makes a fabulous lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment